Saturday 30 April 2011

Two Captains






























The captains from the last blog entry are painted and done; both represent leaders of small retinues, employed by their lords who themselves would have been indentured by their own greater lord or even by the king.


I've added a couple of items to the bases for interest. I've been trying to come up with things that can be put on to vignette bases. In wars of the next century drums and damaged artillery pieces look good, but for the medieval period I'm a little more restricted, so it looks like all the ideas I've used here with be seen in different forms on other bases in the future. The wayside shrine is a Noch model railway item, the dog is from Warlord Games Celtic range and the fencing is homemade (cocktail sticks, wire and thin plastic strips).


Glad to have got these done, as they've been knocking around for some time - probably about 15 years!














4 comments:

Sire Godefroy said...

They've turned out fabulously well. Like the "knight errant" look of the first in particular. My hat's off to you for integrating that shrine - most probably I'll do something similar quite soon.

Cheers
SG

Paul´s Bods said...

That is one excellent vignette.!!! The look on the lords face...brilliant!
Cheers
Paul

Bedford said...

Grand stuff Simon.

I suspect that in a former life I maye have been the poor chap running behind his masters horse with all the gear laden on by back :O)

Darrell.

Brewdad said...

Wow, these look great - loads of character and little details!